Call Us Now Our Toll Free Number


Call Us Now Our Office Number




R-2 Family of R-1 visa

Aanlegal > Immigration  > Family Based Visa > R-2 Family of R-1 visa

R-2 Family of R-1 visa


The R-2 visa is a US temporary visa that authorizes the spouse and unmarried child (below 21 years) of an R-1 visa holder to enter into the United States. The R-2 status holders can stay in the country as long as the R-1 visa holders remain in legal status. In other words, an individual lose his/her R-2 status once the principal R-1 person loses lawful status.
The R1 visa is a non-immigrant religious work visa issued to the following categories:

Members of religious group or community who have an authentic nonprofit, religious institute in the United States.
Aliens entering the US to work exclusively as the minister of a religious community or group.
The U.S. nonprofit religious organizations that recruit alien religious workers in various religious vocations, including religious instructors, liturgical workers, missionaries, catechists, etc.

Contact us today for a consultation at 1-844-B-LEGAL-2